The great news is – you don’t have to do this alone! There are other followers of Christ at your school that you can work with to reach your friends for Christ.
If there's not a campus ministry at your school…
1. Ask your youth pastor for help and ask churches to pray for you.
2. Find other Christian students who want to start a club with you.
3. Find a teacher who will sponsor your club.
4. Decide what day and time your club will meet.
5. Write a letter to your principal requesting permission to start the club.
6. Create a club constitution – purpose of the club and how it will work.
7. Get a copy of the Equal Access Act if your principal doesn’t respond favorably
8. Advertise your club’s first meeting
All of the campus ministries pictured here can help you get a club started at your school as well!
If there already is a campus ministry at your school…
you need a strategy. A Christian Club at school should focus on evangelism - it is a gathering of students who consider themselves to be campus missionaries and want to share Jesus with their friends. Your meetings should have 3 elements -
1. Reach up - do something to help you focus on God together
2. Reach in - do something to encourage each other
3. Reach out - make plans to share God's love in your school
A few other tips for making your club effective…
1. Know your purpose and talk about it
2. Create a leadership team (we recommend four people)
3. Make your meetings consistent (same day, time, place every week)
4. Use a structured meeting format
5. Stay focused on your mission
6. Prepare for leadership transition
Check out these ministries pictured here - they are great resources for helping you get something started at your school.